3.23.2014

a day off


I was feeling run down and a little drained....so I took a day off!! There was no reason other than I was feeling like I needed some "me" time - booked a day off work and stayed home! Man it was nice! 

So many of us are too busy loving other people and forgetting to love ourselves! We go out of our way for our spouse, kids, friends and our work but we will hardly go out of our way to take some time just for ourself! While it is important to be available to the people in your life when they are in need of your support, guidance or advice; it is equally important to make time for you!

A  recent survey found that nearly half of Canadians are not using their vacation time. Nearly half?!



WHAT IS WRONG WITH US??? 


Why do we feel like we can't take time off?

Why do we feel like we can't be away from work? 
I have yet to meet someone who is so important that the wheels would fall off if they took a day off!
So do it!
Take some time off and do something for you!! 




Going to the gym, reading a book, spending time with my family, watching cooking shows, sitting around the fire, going on a date with my husband...or my camera, catching up with a girlfriend, being outdoors,  having a nap, playing cards, soaking in the hot tub, laughing, snowshoeing or hiking....the list goes on and on!  I know what my "something for me" looks like!

 Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment