3.23.2013

being proud of yourself!

So much of our happiness depends on how we feel about ourselves! I have been making an effort to live cleaner, exercise  more and eat right......I mean really, I ain't getting any younger! Realizing my gluten intolerance was a big kick start!  When I finally began to eat right for my body, I started to feel so much better, I started to sleep better, I had more energy,  I started to notice I was getting a little bit leaner and then it just started to snowball! Eating right made me feel better, I wasn't as tired as I had been, I was more motivated to do healthy things!

All this feeling good made me want to feel better! 
How good could I feel if I put  my mind to it? 

I started to incorporate exercise into my daily life. It started with dog walking every couple days and then I noticed how good I felt on the days when I took the dogs out and got my heart rate up so I started to walk them every day! I actually started to crave my walks and it would always be the first thing I did when I got home from work. Then I started to walk faster each time and for longer; I started to bring my i-pod and would really get into it!  Then I thought,  what else can I do for exercise? I set up a gym area in the basement and started to lift weights along with the Pilates to help tone up.  I still feel like I am just getting going and I feel like I want to do more, I love seeing my body getting toned and strong, and I love the good mood boost I get from a hard workout! 



Just today I was making lunch plans with a girlfriend and out of nowhere I mentioned that we should go for breakfast instead.....and before breakfast we should go do a deep water aerobics class! Years ago, her and I used to go to these classes before work twice a week, but they changed the times,  we both changed our jobs and so it just sort of stopped. Well, she loved the idea and so this is what we are doing! I am very excited about it!  I have been wanting to get back into the pool but just wasn't making it happen! So now I get to catch up with an old friend and an old exercise! This makes me happy! I recently worked at a trade show and normally I hate them and I feel so worn out when I get done, with an aching back and sore feet,  but this year I made an effort to go in with a positive attitude and it totally worked! I know I have my new found healthy life style to thank for that,  I would normally come home and pour a glass of wine, put on my pajamas and reward my grumpy mood with tv and chips - this year I would come home, do a work out, have a hot tub, skip the wine, tv and chips and go to bed early!

I am proud of myself for these changes and I am proud of myself for being open to make these changes and to do them for myself. I still have goals to want to reach - and I will, but for now I am celebrating my small personal success and staying motivated to do more! 

I am responsible for my happiness and I know that the choices we make are a direct reflection of how happy we can be! Allowing myself to feel proud and to know that this is due to decisions I have made has increased my happiness and has made me want to feel more of it! 

Is there something you have done that you are proud of? Are you holding off doing something that will make you happier? Remember.....the first step is trying!



No comments:

Post a Comment