10.18.2012

a nice surprise!


Our old neighbours stopped by my work this morning, they live in BC now but they were in town for a doctor’s appointment so they popped by to ask about a fridge and to say hi! 

Big Hugs! 

Big Smiles! 

Man, they are great people! I forgot how nice it was living beside them! They taught us how to play dice, and we had many a game of dice with them.....and many a glass of wine!

It was a great way to start my day and much needed reminder to me that things are not always as you remember them…….


I always think of our time in our old neighbourhood as negative and angry, when in fact it was only one person that was that way. It took up way too much of our energy dealing with him and clearly it has taken up permanent residence in my memories too. Thanks to a surprise visit today I was reminded of the good friends we made, the fun card nights we had and the laughs we shared!

From my meeting today I am reminded that we are in charge of how we feel, we are in charge of what we take away from our experiences. Instead of focusing on the negative of that situation I should be focusing on the positive!

We moved out to the country and are living in a beautiful, peaceful setting, and who knows, without that one rotten egg we may never have gotten the push we needed to get out of town!  We were able to keep our house as a rental property, have lucked out with a great renter and have a great excuse to still pop by and see some of our old neighbours that we got along with! We have met and become part of a great community of people that share the country lifestyle with us and are some of the most helpful, kind people we have known!


So really, I should be thanking that one bad egg for all of the good things that came as a result of his actions!

I like that!
It feels so much better!

It is so easy to focus on the bad…..why is that?



Are there things in your life that can be turned into positives by just taking another look……..

No comments:

Post a Comment