4.13.2012

8 things that make me happy.

   
There are so many things that make me happy!  I love to be happy! I love to laugh and to make people laugh. I love to smile – it makes me happy! I try to be happy and I try to experience and appreciate happiness everyday....we all need more of it! Here are eight things that make me happy, I am sure and I hope there are things in life that I haven’t even experienced yet that will make me happy. 

A relaxing day off makes me happy! I love a day off spent doing whatever it is I feel like doing with the people I feel like doing it with! That makes me happy! 

Cooking!  I love to cook. There are many reasons I love to cook but I think it all comes down to making people happy! I love when a meal or dessert turns out perfect! I love sharing the food I make with the people I love and I love watching them enjoy it!  It makes me happy!  I also feel connected when I cook. I feel connected to my family,  my past generations. Cooking grounds me. That makes me happy.  

My bed! Ohhhhh my bed, my bed, my bed! My bed makes me happy! I love that moment at the end of the day when all the chores are done, everything that needs to be said is said and all that is left is to take a load off and just be still. That makes me happy!

Sunshine! Sunshine makes me happy! The warmth of the sun on my face! The blinding light, forcing me to squint and find the nearest pair of $10 sunglasses tossed in my glove box! That makes me happy! I love when the sun appears – you know? Like on a cloudy, slightly windy day all of the sudden the sun bursts through the clouds. Just bursts. A pleasant surprise.  You knew it was there all along but you forgot because you were focused on the clouds. That makes me happy!

Doing the crossword! Man, I love a good crossword puzzle! Enough said.

Being kind! Being kind makes me happy. I think because it is sometimes a challenge for me. I can be a teeny bit judgmental from time to time (maybe a little more than teeny) so when I am kind to someone it makes me feel happy!  

Driving nowhere! I grew up in rural Saskatchewan and spent some time driving nowhere! It makes me happy. Getting a slurpee, grabbing a buddy and just driving. The talks, the laughs, the adventures and discoveries on these drives to nowhere are what make me happy!  Something to be said for driving nowhere.

Making connections makes me happy! When someone says they are looking for something or do I know anyone that can –insert thing they need here - and I am able to say, "yes!" my buddy has one, is one, is selling one, can fix one or knows where to get one! Connecting people makes me feel like I am on the right path! And that makes me happy!  

What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment