12.07.2013

An early Christmas present!


 I have been lucky enough to volunteer with an animal rescue organization that serves Rural Alberta, I take photos for them when the animals are in foster homes near our place. 





It works so great for me because I love dogs, I love taking pictures and I love the feeling I get from a selfless act!

A few weeks ago I was able to take photos of a cute little pup named Larry! When I got home I told my husband what a cute and gentle little guy he was and that I just knew he would love him and could we, oh could we please bring him home.....I also used my best puppy dog eyes on him. After some discussion, he agreed and we started the adoption process. He already had a family interested and so we let it go - happy that he was going to get a good home. A few days later I noticed that his photos were still up on the website and so I emailed to see what was going on and to let them know we were still interested! It turned out that he was available for adoption and as they say the rest is history! 

We have had him now for three weeks and he is settling in to his new home and his new name....Rusty! He is a puppy - which isn't something we have dealt with before so we are doing our best to enjoy the puppy stage and to be patient with this little baby dog! He is learning how to interact with the other dogs, he is trying to figure out the kitty and horses and he is learning that our shoes are not chew toys!! 


Rusty is bringing much happiness to our lives at the moment; we are looking forward to getting to know him better, seeing more of his personality and teaching him how to be a good boy


No comments:

Post a Comment